It has been stupidly busy in these parts. The day job is trying to eat my brain and I’ve had an intermitent sinus issue (ah, the joys of hayfever and seasonal allergies) which hasn’t helped and I would love to say that it’s all behind me now…but currently my right ear’s blocked and I have a to do list for Monday morning that’s long enough I’ll probably be working on it on Sunday.
So, a bit of a bullet point round up.
- Cambiante is fully out and available here in both eBook and also paperback.
- Book 4 is progressing nicely. I’m getting towards being half way done (I’m hoping to reach that point by the end of this month) and I’ve identified my through line, which is helping me start to sketch in the second half. However, one thing that hasn’t made progress is the title! I’m not worrying about that too hard at this point, but I’ll need to give it some proper attention soon… Lastly, I’ve adjusted the provisional launch for book 4 to move it into November – this is largely because it’s getting much longer than I was expecting which means it’s going to take me longer to actually write!
- I’ve also done some preliminary work on Sage (book 5) to start refining what I wrote on that last November. I’m not expecting to have Sage finished this year, but if I run into issues on book 4, I may flip Sage and book 4, so I’m just keeping it ticking over.
- Book 6 has also seen some progress – another goal this month is to take another run at a synopsis for this one, now that I’ve got so much more of the series hammered into place. Actually writing this is still some way off, but the more of the plot holes I can iron out now, the easier writing will be when I get to it. (Well, that’s the theory…)
- Friday Fiction this month will be a brand new short story. I’m not sure, at this point, what the story will actually be, but I’ve got a few ideas. We’ll see which ones bear fruit!
- Finally, a bit of promo for a really excellent book series: if you like fantasy and romance, The Fae Touched Chronicles are a brilliant read. Book three is out now and the final book, book 4, is due out at the end of the month.
So that’s where I’m up to.
Happy reading 🙂